Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Multialbum upload

I know, this is the most desired and request feature...
But, helas, I still have no clear UI idea for it. Again, need this frigging getAllSubCategories method to work, then I can leave only one TreeView instead of the current two..
Then at least it would be possible to have an upload panel - TreeView with categories, subcategories and albums, and ListView with all the upload files.

Another UI issue - at which point in time shall I expand the "drop list"? Usualluy it should be pretty fast, but is some dummy drops "C:\Windows" - that would be fun.. Currently it is only expanded upon uploading process (which takes time anyway). Shall I keep it in original way and expand on demand, then in a cancellable way.. Man, this is a can of worms..

OK, once I have a local cache it will come. At least at this point I'll be in position to work on Sh..sh-sh, that's classified yet:-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sven said...

Hi, I love your program and encourage you to push on. It's great!

I had a suggestion on the UI. Maybe you can add another tab "New Empty Albums". It would show only albums with no photos in them. Then one could drag file(s) or folder(s) to each album name as you normally would do and then have a button on the bottom, top, where ever, that simply stated "Upload to All Albums" or "Upload All".

Now speaking of dragging and dropping files to an album name, is it possible to just drag the file to an album name and let it become automatically focused when the cursor is over it and then allow for the drop? The album name would also highlight (indicating it's ready for drop) when focused. Currently you need to select the albums name and then drag the file to it.

One last note. I've noticed that my connection becomes saturated with your program. The upload also seems slower then Smugmugs IE upload. Am I just trippin' or are both related to your app?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Nikolai Sklobovsky said...

Sven,

thank you for your kind words!

Multialbum upload is in the works. I like your idea of having being able to veiew empty albums only. I think I will add this capability, even though it might not be in a "phase one" as far as getting this info requires a lot of round trips, so until I have a very good, reliable and fast local cache I might not be able to do it (or it will take a loooooong time each time to get this info).

Target-aware drag and drop - will definitely do somthing about it.

Speaking about hogging the bandwidth and other benchmarks - can't say anything, didn't look into it - yet, but I promise I will...

Cheers!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home