Saturday, December 25, 2004

GDI+: Victory!

I took me over 9(!) hours(!!) on Christmas Day(!!!) to find a little missing link to a "save as" functionality. Problem was cleverly hidden by readily availalbe encoders' CLSIDs, which in reality turned out to be " ju-a-a-ast a little different".
Anyway, now it will be possible to read whatever file GDI+ can read (and judging by a number of different types' thumbnails, it can read a lot) and save it - easily - as bmp, jpg, gif, tiff, or png. Of which I would actually only need jpegs:-).
It also seems relatively easy to provide "lossless jpeg transformation" (rotations and flippings). I hope I already got enough grief and this "little ez thing" wont turn into another 9 hours on a New Year's Eve:-).
Anyway - thought I'd tell you some good news about what's coming..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home